Saturday, March 2, 2013

Then Along Comes Corky

If you were to ask him, Corky would not be his name of choice.  More likely he'd choose something like Hannibal or Bruiser.  Something with more strength to it.  Corky just doesn't seem to be manly enough.

If you look up Tuxedo Cats on the internet you will be flooded with hundreds of sites devoted to the attributes of this charming feline.  Apparently tuxedo cats are smarter than your average feline.  It is said that other cats living in the same households benefit from their presence and that their intelligence may improve by at least 10%.  I'm not too sure...
 
Notice a bit of a pattern there?

Tuxedo cats are brave.
It is rumoured that a tuxedo cat named Buster flew 17 combat missions over Europe with the US Eighth Air Force during WW II. He was shot down in January 1944 and spent the remainder of the war in a German Prisoner of War camp, where he was credited with improving the standard of living through his diligent rodent control efforts. (credit:  Magrathea and Randy Wallace)
 
Tuxedo cats have a sense of whimsy.  Why else would you choose to decorate the Christmas tree in the Christmas tree?
They appreciate talent. Corky is especially fond of Elvis and Adele.  He was so disappointed to know that American Idol did not really bring Elvis back from the dead to sing a duet with Celine Dion.  He is even more disappointed to know that there will never be an Elvis - Adele collaboration.

Tuxedo cats have a good sense of humour.  Here he laughing at Conan O'Brien.  He is also exceptionally partial to Jon Daly and Letterman, but thinks Leno is over-rated.  He likes Modern Family and misses Arrested Development.

They are helpful.  Corky has been known to drop whatever he's doing just to help me type out a few letters, sew a few buttons or make a bed.  I am ever so grateful for the help, and it is no problem to me that my chores only take hours longer with his help.  What would I do without him?

Tuxedo cats always look dressed up.  In recognition of their formal attire, tuxedo cats are the only felines admitted to the Metropolitan Opera.  They are grateful for the recognition and many outdoor tuxedo cats can be heard singing their favourite arias at night.

As you can tell, we love our little guy.  I could go on and on, but this is a doll blog after all and I really should talk about my latest project.  Well, I'm still working on my rainbow collection, so instead I'll post a photo of the first rocker doll I made for my daughter.  Her name is Grace.
That's all for now.  Back soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment