Friday, March 1, 2013

Sleeping With The Dog

So I know a lot of you will cringe at the mere thought of sharing your bed with your furry creatures.  Not so our household.  Sure, we started out with "rules".  Dog not allowed on furniture, dog not allowed near dining table, no people food, no sharing drinking glasses.  You know, the regular stuff.  And we were well-intentioned, but seriously misguided.  It seems that our dear canine had other plans.  Yes, we went to obedience classes.  Yes, we took it seriously.  But the only thing that came from all of that training was that we found out that the dog was smarter than us.  She trained us well.  Not only do we have to jockey for position on the bed, she has taken to sharing OUR bed with her feline companion.  But truthfully, it's not such a big deal.  There is harmony in the house, the pooch is well behaved and the bed is big enough for us all.

But, what does all this have to do with dolls?  Well, nothing.  It was just a way to get going on this blog.  What I do want to tell you though is that I am almost finished the project I started a few weeks ago.  I had this idea that I wanted to make a doll in every colour of the rainbow.  Sounds simple enough doesn't it?  Well, not so.  Ever try to find indigo fabric?  How about indigo beads?  What about indigo yarn?  Indigo lace?  Uh-uh.  The rest was easy.  Violet, blue, green, yellow, orange and red were a piece of cake.  Indigo, not so much.  However, after much searching and a lot of luck I managed to gather what I needed and I am on my way to completion.  Here's a sneak previow of Yellow, Indigo and Orange and Red.

 
I will post them all once I've finished.  They all can be purchased from my Etsy site once they're all done.
 
Well, that's all for now.  Talk soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment