Saturday, March 23, 2013

I Think The Groundhog Was Mistaken

Apparently our illustrious groundhog didn't see his shadow, which meant that we would have an early spring.  Or so the story goes.  Well, it is March 23 and we're more than knee deep in what only could be described as, well, snow.  If my memory serves me correctly Spring officially began 2 days ago.  Only here in Ottawa, there is no evidence of it anywhere.  Now, I don't blame the rodent, but I do feel a bit misled in thinking I could start wearing my shorts anytime soon.  No sense sitting on my front porch with my seed catalogue trying to decide where I'm going to plant everything when I can't even tell where my lawn ends and the road begins.  I'm a Canadian.  I will just get on with my mundane life and just wait for spring to miraculously appear. 

I've started my evil witch doll.  Well, I think she'll be an evil witch.  Try as I might, I just can't seem to paint an evil face. However, I'm getting ahead of myself.  Here are my options for her body and clothing.
 

I don't really know where I'm going to go with it all, but it is a process.  Looking at everything now I can see that I'm not really keen on the black and gold fabric.  To me it's kind of matronly and somewhat stuffy.  There's not enough faux leather to make a whole outfit and the fake fur is just, well, it's just I don't know.  I just don't like it.  This is going to take awhile to figure out.  Stay tuned.
 
Listening to Bob Dylan, Bruce Springsteen, Bon Jovi, Billy Joel.
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment