Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Okay, It's November Already

Give a girl a break.  I've been busy with other things, and to be truthful, I can't always think of anything entertaining to write. Not that this will be entertaining, but I do have something to say.

I've been busy getting ready for a craft fair here in Ottawa on the 17th and as I was sitting here hand sewing I was thinking about how much I was enjoying what I was doing.  I was making embroidered felt Christmas decorations and I just really savoured the experience.  I love hand sewing and creating things from scratch.  I just wish I didn't wait so long to get started.  Here I am starting my sixties and I am just getting around realizing that this is what I like to do.  It makes me calm, it relaxes me and I feel like I have accomplished something once I'm done.  It's a very Zen-like feeling.

To think that I spent the first part of my adulthood rebelling against anything remotely domesticated.  I was anti-war (still am), anti-male domination (still am), anti-traditional female roles, anti-you name it.  I now realize that there is a place for all of that stuff we learned in home ec. I know I fought it, but I did learn to sew and I now love it.  I did learn to cook and I love that too.  So now I am finding peace doing the things that I railed against so many years ago.  Whoever said "Too soon old, too late smart" really hit the nail on the head.

So. getting back to my ornaments.  Here are some photos to show you what I'm talking about.  I did other colours as well, but they're already packed away.


And these are some of the lavender sachets I embroidered.
 
Here's a close up of one of my favourites
 
 
So that's all for now.  Don't know when I'll be back, but I'll try to make it sooner :)
 
Oh and I forgot to mention that my new website is almost up and running.  I'm so excited.  I'll let you know when you can take a peak.
 

Listening to Bruce Springsteen, Neil Young and REM.

No comments:

Post a Comment